Saturday, November 20, 2010

Crafty Mama in the Works

I'm feeling super crafty today! Partly because I already committed myself to doing a few projects for Sweet Thing's birthday and because I completed something and I am so proud of myself.

I always like to think I'm a crafty, artsy person. I always think about projects I'd like to do, like build a doll house from old nightstand drawers. I constantly tell myself to get my pictures developed so I can scrapbook some of them. But this time, THIS TIME I actually did something! I applique-ed a onesie with a "1" on it for Sweet Thing. I also decided to make some flowers with the scrap fabric. Mind you HeatNBond isn't exactly rocket science, it's still something new for me. I even screwed up! Now I need to figure out how to get HeatNBond off of my (brand new, for this project) ironing board. Any suggestions? But other than that I am super pleased with myself and I can't wait to decorate her "1" shaped carrot cake with colourful (homemade) fondant!

Pictures to come.

Wish me luck!

0 lovely comments: