Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Man, I Feel Like a Woman!

After 23 months of being pregnant or breastfeeding, my period is finally back! And I couldn't be happier! Well the first few days of it anyway I was absolutely ecstatic. Once the cramps started it was a little different story. Granted, these cramps were no where near the pain I felt with them pre-pregnancy. I have heard that pregnancy is essentially a reset button for your cycle. Which for me is great news, maybe for once in my life I can predict my period. Now getting pregnant should be easier than going through month after month blindly.

Something I am considering is mama cloth(re-use able/washable pads, for those of you that may not be familiar). Now that I am cloth diapering Sweet Thing, I think it would be a piece of cake. Maybe a combination of that and the diva cup. Anyone use either of these? What is your preference? Where do you buy your mama cloth?

Were you excited to get your period after having baby? If you were breastfeeding how long did it take for it to come back?

I am anxious to have another baby, so getting my period back is a great step in the right direction, hopefully I wont have to deal with the cramps for many more months before there is another bun in the oven.

What's your story?

3 lovely comments:

BerrevoetsD said...

I love your blog!!!

BerrevoetsD said...

Oh good that worked :) before i left my real comment I wanted to make sure i remembered how to access my account.
I do love your blog though and have also have been very interested in the Diva cup, because I like the idea of containing the mess, lol, and going chemical free with the bonus of saving money! I've heard many great things about it and will be ordering one soon, I won't need one for awhile though as I have just given birth to my third child three short months ago,and am still nursing :)
Keep up the good work, and let us know if you try any of these out.

Jennie said...

I just found your blog today from the Campbell River Moms Swap and Shop group on facebook. Although I'm yet to try mama cloth, I feel the same way - once this little one comes and I'm full swing into cloth diapering, it just seems to make sense!

I do have two close friends that tried it. One loved it, the other not so much. Now, they both use the diva cup and love it!