Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gonna Move Into The Country, Gonna Eat A Lot of Peaches.

I am ready to move to the country like Pioneer Woman (oh, how I envy thee) and forget the rest of the world.

I am 22. I am a mother to 1 beautiful little girl. Wife to a stubborn and wonderful man. And utterly sick of this world and being an 'adult'.

It`s not about the responsibility of paying the bills or taking care of a child. Its not about making tough decisions. Its not about having to cook dinner every night or the worries of how my kid might turn out. It`s about the drama between adults. It is seriously 100x worse than it ever was in high school and I am so disgusted. The world of social networking doesn't help one bit. People feel that they can say whatever they want without consequences. I have been guilty of it too, but that doesn't make it right or any better. Just because we all do it at some point doesn't mean it`s OK. People are far more nasty and confronting than they ever would be if they were talking to a real person face to face. It`s an extremely sad thing to think about really.

Therefore I will be cutting down the use on my personal Facebook account and doing a major clean up of so called `friends`. I love Facebook and I have become far too addicted and I feel like it is majorly cutting into my family time and seriously damaging to one`s mind. It`s great for keeping far away family informed on your life and to see pictures and updates of their grandchild, but other than that it`s just a hole for drama to accumulate.

Sorry for my little rant. Hope you can sympathize.

2 lovely comments:

Single country gal said...

Mama.

I totality agree with you about facebook. You should that that also

Nikki said...

i cant agree with you more!! being a momma is more important then the facebook drama....i need to learn to cut it out of my life more too!