Monday, January 17, 2011

Zooper Update

After ordering my Zooper Tango from the deal site Mother of a Sale. I was informed by the official Zooper facebook page that Mother of a Sale was not an authorized retailer for Zooper and that everyone was advised not to purchase from them. They were not advertising the proper model of stroller, they also would not come with the standard warranty. As with most deal sites they do not take returns or even let you cancel your order once you have paid. So I was basically SOL. Unless I called my credit card company to tell them this was not my purchase. But I figured I would wait it out and get the stroller and let this be a learning experience. Now I don't know if this is the age of the stroller (2008, I believe), the nature of the part or the fact I bought it from an unauthorized dealer, but the cord that is attached to the handle that you pull up to adjust the seat snapped on the second or third time I used it. Sweet Husband said it is fixable, but honestly, who wants to fix a supposedly brand new item? Some other things that are bugging me and it just may be the nature of the product is that the 5 point harness is incredibly hard to undo, and with a cranky kid in the seat ready to get out, having to fiddle around with the clips is a real pain. Hopefully it will loosen up with use. Also I noticed the stroller did not come with instructions on how to fold and un-fold. Maybe I am just dense but it took me about 15 minutes to figure it out. I was not at all impressed. Also the 'boot' that comes with it is supposed to snap on both sides and those are also so tough to push in, I literally had to get a hammer out, hopefully that will become easier with use as well.

Of course there are things I love about the stroller as well, but right now the bad parts and the fact that I overlooked something so important(especially with the price of the item) are overshadowing them.

My advice is to research the product and where it is coming from and especially if you are purchasing from deal sites that you make sure the company is an authorized retailer, otherwise you may get stuck with something with no warranty and inevitably a bunch of problems with the product. Whether it's the product itself or the fact that they might be seconds. This is definitely a learning experience for me, and I would not have bought this stroller on-line if I had more resources for such things in my area. I'd much prefer to shop locally and be able to see and touch and use things before purchasing such big ticket items.

1 lovely comments:

Jess and the boys said...

Oh no! I'm SO sorry to hear that this happened to you! I actually am reviewing the new 2011 Zooper Tango right now through the company and love it! What will you do? Keep it or get rid of it and buy a new one?

-Jessica
And Then There Were 4...
http://www.giveawaysandlife.blogspot.com/