Monday, June 7, 2010

Scintillating piece of flesh...

Read this ...

Did you read it??

......

read it? good

ARE YOU F&*%!$*^ KIDDING ME????

Breasts were made to nourish a baby, not to be a "scintillating piece of flesh"

And if a marriage suffers because of a mother nursing a baby for a normal amount of time, then there is something else wrong with the marriage or something phsycological in either mom or dad. Breasts can be multi-functional. Mind you some women and men are not comfortable with it. But honestly, suck it up! Breastfeeding is such a short period of time in the whole scheme or things. And if it seems like too long, then your mindset needs to change.

"Taking the breasts from the husband"?? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the breasts on MY body belong to ME...not my husband, not even my baby.

The key is balance! Obviously if you are breastfeeding and completely ignoring everything else, then yea, the marriage will suffer.

Ok...you want me to put a blanket over me and my baby in MY OWN home, so we can pretentd that things haven't changed and my husband will still be able to get hot over me? I don't cover in public, I am certainly not covering at home. What a crock! My husband is supportive of my daughter breastfeeding, and if he wasn't I'd tell him to shove it!

Our bodies are first and foremost a device to reproduce and therefore nourish our young. By no means should those bodies NOT be for pleasure. How about a balance?
Who is so dense that they cannot distinguish between a time to nourish and a time for fun for a man and woman?

How do you think couples have mulitple children when they breastfeed for 2, 3 or 4 years and beyond?

As for the part that men shouldn't witness the birth from down below. Sure, it's not for everyone, but my husband watched and he thought it was amazing. We've had no problems with that being traumatizing in any way shape or form.

And of course we can't have a post bashing breastfeeding without the encouragement of bottle feeding!
Unless it is 100% physically impossible for a woman to breastfeed or lactate at all, I don't believe in bottle feeding(formula).

#1 Breastfeeding
#2 Expressed milk from mother
#3 Expressed milk from another woman
#4 Formula

Thats the order of what is best!

So the conclusion.... Rabbi Shmuley Boteach is an IDIOT!

0 lovely comments: